Friday, June 11, 2010

Heading To Singularity University

Awesome and unbelievable. I am heading to Singularity University in NASA Ames California for the GSP 10 summer program (http://singularityu.org/). I am one of four Africans in a class of 80 young leaders and entrepreneurs from around the world.

I got to hear about Singularity University (SU) through an Alumni of Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) in the USA - Dr. Ndubuisi Ekekwe. This guy is an awesome lover of Humanity and Africans in particular. He has been running a series of Technology workshops to promote technology use for problem solving in Africa.

We had an interesting conversation on how technology could be used to solve Africa's problems from hunger to poverty, ethics, human rights to housing and I was really excited to learn how we could use this to impact our continent and the world. I understand from the GSP09 alumni that the school is a mind blowing experience.

My visas are in order, tickets bought, attending teleconferences and heading out to California to change the world!!! Will keep you all posted on my progress. Hope will get to watch the world cup while changing the world!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Andrew, funny though we both share same name as my name is also Andrew.
First of all I want to say congratulations for making our country proud and distinguishing yourself at the Singularity University. I read about you in one of Nigerians magazine, the interview really inspired me and I must confess I also want to do what you did at Singularity University. I am a final year student of Electrical Electronic Engineering in the University of Port Harcourt.
Please I will like to get more information on the program and when it commences. Thank you.

Emem Asikpo Andrew said...

Hello Andrew, you did not leave an email address so am posting this here in the hope that you will find it. Applications are currently being accepted for Singularity University. Please take this link: http://singularityu.org/programs/graduate-studies-program/